Resources and Information

Ideally, your transfer courses will satisfy as many lower division requirements as possible. If your Transfer Credit Report doesn’t indicate that a transfer course is directly equivalent to an SF State course requirement for your major, contact a faculty major advisor, who will assist you by processing a course substitution if appropriate. Start by visiting this list of all departments, find your major department’s website, and look for information or links regarding advising.


View contact information for campus offices supporting specific aspects of transfer credit, such as transcripts, questions about credit evaluations and reports, implementation of published articulation, etc.

Transfer students and members of the SF State campus community: learn about the SF State transfer student experience and transfer-supportive resources.