Resources and Information
Ideally, your transfer courses will satisfy as many lower division requirements as possible. If your Transfer Credit Report doesn’t indicate that a transfer course is directly equivalent to an SF State course requirement for your major, contact a faculty major advisor, who will assist you by processing a course substitution if appropriate. Start by visiting this list of all departments, find your major department’s website, and look for information or links regarding advising.
- Course descriptions
- GE courses -- Lower Division or Upper Division
- Courses satisfying the U.S. History, U.S./CA government, and CA State/Local Government requirements [scroll to end of page]
- Bulletin - past years
Credit for standardized external examinations - AP/CLEP/IB credit archive from past Bulletins (catalogs)
- 2016-2017 *Some course credit effective for AP taken in 2016-2017 is not displayed in this document. Refer to 2017-2018 archive link.
- 2015-2016 *New course credit effective for AP taken in 2015-2016 is not displayed in this list. Refer to 2016-2017 archive link.
- 2010-2011 and previous
View contact information for campus offices supporting specific aspects of transfer credit, such as transcripts, questions about credit evaluations and reports, implementation of published articulation, etc.
Transfer students and members of the SF State campus community: learn about the SF State transfer student experience and transfer-supportive resources.
- Executive Order 1100 - General Education Breadth Requirements(link is external) ( applicable to students enrolling Fall 2021 and after)
- Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum - IGETC - Standards(link is external)
- Guiding Notes for General Education Course Reviewers(link is external)
- Policy Framework Governing the CSU
- Information and background: Fully Online Courses for Concurrent Enrollment(link is external) (March 2015)
- CSU Fully Online