The California Promise Program is a two year pledge program that offers transfer student participants priority registration and educational planning support. The goal of the program is to provide students with the appropriate resources and guidance to assist them in completing their degree within two years. Program applications are accepted at the start of every Fall and Spring semester for incoming transfer students.
Requirements to join the program for Spring 2020
1. Be a transfer student starting Spring 2020 semester at SF State
2. Have a verified Associate Degree for Transfer (AA-T or AS-T), degree must be verified by SF State Undergraduate Admissions by February 15th
3. Declared in a major at SF State that’s an approved similar major to verified AA-T or AS-T (for a list of approved similar majors, please refer here)
4. California resident or AB 540
5. Complete the online interest form by February 15th (see below)
What are the requirements for students in the program?
1. By the end of the first academic year (spring, summer, fall, and winter terms), students will have 90 units completed (includes units transferred in)
2. Attend required academic planning workshop
3. Maintain at least a 2.00 GPA each term, this includes term, cumulative, and SF State GPA
4. Meet the minimum grade requirements in all sequenced major courses
5. Take required courses when they are offered
6. Enroll in classes during the established priority registration period and pay fees by the required deadlines
How to Apply to the CA Promise Program
If you meet the requirements, we encourage you to join the SF State California Promise Program!
If interested, complete the interest form below by February 15th.