Undergraduate Education and Academic Planning
We are a division of students, faculty, staff and administrators working together as mindful advocates to support learning. We enhance undergraduates’ educational experiences and support their progress towards graduation through Advising, Tutoring, and other high-impact practices; we strengthen academic programs through curricular planning, development, and assessment; we sustain educational networks across divisions and disciplines, campuses and communities; and we hold the students we serve at the heart of our institutional mission.
We collaborate to serve students and enhance learning
Preparing for your Future at SF State
- Gator Smart Start provides information and resources for incoming high school students and supports the transition to college.
- The Articulation Office has information for incoming transfer students on course equivalencies and transfer pathways and programs, such as the California Promise Program,
- We support your academic success with Advising services and Tutoring support, and programs such as First-Year Experience. We offer two scholarships; the Sophie Hittner and Jack R. and Marjorie J. Fraenkel scholarships.
- Navigator is an online tool to connect undergraduate students to faculty, staff and campus resources.
- Explore EXCO courses at SF State's Experimental College
- Credit by Evaluation for Experiential Learning (CEEL)
- The Institute for Civic and Community Engagement (ICCE) provides opportunities for civic engagement and leadership development.
DUEAP Projects and Initiatives
University Curriculum an Academic Assessment
Assessment of Programs
What is Assessment and what does it involve?
- Curriculum Development: the process for approving and revising courses.
- DUEAP Lab: resource for faculty/staff that work on curriculum development.
SF State GE Requirements and Resources:
Program Review and Accreditation