San Francisco State University receives institutional accreditation from the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC). WSCUC is one of six regional associations that accredit public and private schools, colleges, and universities in the United States. WSCUC accredits institutions in California, Hawaii and the Pacific. WSCUC is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education as certifying institutional eligibility for federal funding in a number of programs, including student access to federal financial aid.
SF State receives 8-year reaccreditation
Citing SF State’s work to promote student well-being and success through faculty and staff resourcefulness and responsiveness that sets a community standard for support, WSCUC has reaffirmed the accreditation of the University for 8 years.
2022-23 Reaccreditation Review
2030-31 Reaccreditation Review
- Interim Report Due March 1, 2027
- Reaccreditation offsite review fall 2030 and accreditation visit spring 2031
- 2022 WSCUC Standards
2013 Reaccreditation Archive
- WASC Reaccreditation Letter – July 2013 (PDF)
- WASC Visiting Team EER Site Visit Final Report – March 2013 (PDF)
- Stage I - WASC Proposal
- Stage II - Student Learning in a Changing University
- Stage III - Educational Effectiveness Review
- Inventory of Concurrent Accreditation and Key Performance Indicators (PDF)
- 2001 Reaccreditation Archives