The California Promise Program is a two year pledge program that offers transfer student participants priority registration and educational planning support. The goal of the program is to provide students with the appropriate resources and guidance to assist them in completing their degree within two years. Program applications are accepted at the start of every Fall and Spring semester for incoming transfer students.
Requirements to join the program for Fall 2019
1. Be a transfer student starting Fall 2019 semester at SFSU
2. Have a verified Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT), ADT must be verified by SFSU Admissions by September 14th
3. Pursuing a major at SFSU that’s considered similar to verified ADT (for a list of similar majors, please refer here)
4. California resident or AB 540
5. Complete the online interest form by September 14th (see below)
What are the requirements for students in the program?
1. By the end of the first academic year (fall, winter, spring, and summer terms), students will have 90 units completed (includes units transferred in)
2. Attend required academic planning workshops
3. Maintain at least a 2.00 GPA each term, this includes term, cumulative, and SF State GPA
4. Meet the minimum grade requirements in all sequenced major courses
5. Take required courses when they are offered, regardless of day and time
6. Enroll in classes during the established priority registration period and pay fees by the required deadlines
How to Apply to the CA Promise Program
If you meet the requirements, we encourage you to join the CA Promise Program!
If interested, complete the interest form below by September 14th.
CALIFORNIA PROMISE APPLICATIONS ARE NO LONGER BEING ACCEPTED FOR FALL 2019 TRANSFER STUDENTS