If you are an Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) student and a California resident entering SF State University in Fall 2017, you are invited to participate in the California Promise Program.
If you are committed to graduating in 2 years, the CA Promise program can help you make that goal a reality. We encourage you to join the CA Promise Program and earn your degree in two years!
Benefits of SF State's CA Promise Program
After Pledging to the program in your first semester, you will receive:
- Priority registration every subsequent semester so that you can enroll in the courses you need to complete your degree program in two years (maximum of 60 units);
- Guaranteed course availability with personalized academic plan;
- Specialized advising each semester to ensure students stay on track.
Eligibility requirements for SF State's CA Promise Program
To be eligible to participate in the CA Promise Program, you must:
- Be a transfer student entering in Fall 2017 with a verified Associate's Degree in Transfer (ADT) pursuing a similar major at SF State;
- Be a California resident;
- Submit all required records to SF State to be verified;
- Complete the online application form.
CA Promise Pledge
Students participating in the program pledge to:
- Complete 30 units each year over the fall, winter, spring and summer terms;
- Maintain a 2.0 or above cumulative and SF State GPA;
- Meet the minimum grade requirements in all sequenced major courses to be able to continue in the major and stay on track for the 2-year plan;
- Take required courses when they are offered, regardless of day and time;
- Submit an educational plan to complete a declared major program to the designated academic advisor;
- Review and modify the academic plan as needed with the designated academic advisor at least once each term;
- Enroll in classes during the established priority registration period and pay fees by the required deadlines.
How to Apply for the CA Promise Program
After Sept. 15th, 2017, all new transfers entering with a verified ADT pursuing a similar major will receive an email inviting them to participate. Interested students will need to complete the online application by Oct. 9, 2017.
Note: If a student chooses to change their major or add a secondary major, minor, or certificate, then the two year guarantee is no longer valid.
You can find more information about SF State’s similar majors here.
For general information about the ADT, click here.