The Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) accredits the entire institution of San Francisco State University. WASC is one of six regional associations that accredit public and private schools, colleges, and universities in the United States. The Western region covers institutions in California and Hawaii, the territories of Guam, American Samoa, Federated States of Micronesia, Republic of Palau, Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, the Pacific Basin, and East Asia, and areas of the Pacific and East Asia where American/International schools or colleges may apply to it for service.
In addition to WASC institutional accreditation, San Francisco State University also maintains specialized accreditation for 28 programs. The accreditation agencies listed in the document below review disciplinary standards for specific fields of study.
- WASC Mid-Cycle Review Letter – October 2018 (PDF)
- WASC Interim Report Action Summary – July 2018
- WASC Interim Report – June 2018 (PDF)
- WASC Response Letter – July 2013 (PDF)
- WASC Visiting Team EER Site Visit Final Report – March 2013 (PDF)