Before proceeding, please read the advice below. To submit a request, start by clicking the login link in the yellow box at the top of this page. After logging in, you'll return to this page. Scroll down to see the form fields.
Use this form if you are a new student and you are seeking course equivalency for your major requirements.
Do not use this form if you are seeking GE equivalency. Undergraduate Admissions will evaluate your transfer credit for meeting General Education, U.S. History, and U.S./California Government requirements. View your Transfer Credit Report to see how your previous coursework has been evaluated to meet these requirements. To request GE/USH/USG/CSLG quivalency, please contact email@example.com.
Continuing students, this form is not for you.
GE and other graduation requirements: Consult with a staff advisor at your college advising center about transfer courses that you think should meet GE and other graduation requirements. You will receive assistance with this process.
Major requirements: Consult with a faculty advisor in your major about transfer courses that you think could meet major requirements. Upon review, faculty can approve appropriate transfer courses as substitutions. Your DPR will be updated when a Major Course Substitution Form is submitted to the Registrar. Your department might submit the approval electronically instead. Check with them about next steps.
A few more tips:
1. We're sorry, but we cannot review requests for major articulation without course documentation (syllabus or other institution-approved document). A course description from the catalog does not provide enough information about the course. Please upload a syllabus or complete course outline.
2. SF State will apply transfer credit for baccalaureate-level courses taken at regionally accredited U.S. institutions. In order to apply your transfer credit, the institution must send us your official transcript. If you have other types of credit, please email us before submitting - this will save you time! firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Submit multiple requests if needed - one SF State course per submission.
4. After we receive your submission and review it, you will receive an update.
5. SF State faculty or staff: if you are submitting on behalf of a student, please include the student's SF State ID number in the Comments.