Curriculum development provides administrative support for the development of new academic degree programs, revision of existing programs and discontinuance of obsolete programs. Once a proposal for a new program or a change to an existing program is completed, the proposal must be reviewed and approved by the Curriculum Review and Approval Committee (CRAC).
All program proposals, new and revision, must be submitted through the online curriculum management system. Paper forms will not be accepted.
Please contact Claude Bartholomew, University Curriculum Coordinator, Claude@sfsu.edu, for assistance with the online system.
Links to Senate Policies and other Guidelines:
- Requirements for Baccalaureate Degrees, Majors, Concentration, Minors, and Certificates (S11-255)
- Discontinuance of Academic Programs Policy #S12-177
- Honors Program Policy S86-138
- Complementary Studies Proposal Guidelines Revised 08/27/13
- Name Changes: Course Discipline Prefix, Departments, Majors, Minors, Certificate Programs (PDF)
- Suspension: Temporary Suspension of Academic Programs Policy #F02-221
- BA/BS Degrees in a Single Discipline – CSU Staff Paper
- Executive Order 1071 - Delegation of Authority to Approve Subprograms and Minors (PDF)
- Executive Order 1071 Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
2016-17 Degree Count
For an explanation of how degree counts vary see the summary document.