Course Equivalency Request Form


Warning message

You must login to view this form.


Request an equivalency review for a course taken at another college or university

  • Current students: First, review your Degree Progress Report carefully to see what requirements your course is currently meeting. Consult with a faculty advisor in your major about transfer courses that you think could count in your major.

  • Requests must include course documentation (syllabus or other institution-approved document) and will be forwarded to the appropriate SF State department chair for review and approval.

  • Only requests regarding college-level courses taken at regionally accredited U.S. institutions can be considered.

  • Submit multiple requests if needed - one SF State course per submission.

  • After review, the submitter will receive an update. 


(415) 338-2206

Division of Undergraduate Education and Academic Planning
ADM 447 | San Francisco State University | 1600 Holloway Avenue | San Francisco, CA 94132