The survey period has concluded. We sincerely thank those who participated in the survey, and we look forward to sharing results and analysis with the campus by early Spring '20! Those randomly selected to receive a participation perk will be contacted by Nov. 12 via SF State email.
SF State's Transfer Advisory Committee (TAC) invites current SF State students who began their undergraduate studies at another institution to contribute their unique voices and perspectives in an upcoming campus-wide survey of transfer students.
Survey takers will be invited to reflect on their overall experience as students who join the SF State community in the middle of their undergraduate experience. We want to understand our transfer students' impressions and opinions regarding their transition to SF State, and the impact of this transition on their ability to progress in their studies after transfer.
OK. Then what?
Our objective is to improve and better coordinate our efforts, as a campus, to support transfer students in making the most of their unique backgrounds and pathways, and achieving their academic, personal, and career goals. The TAC has identified a preliminary set of recommendations about areas we've identified as needing improvement. But, input from students who transferred to SF State is essential for setting effective priorities.
Sounds good. How do I take the survey?
On October 15th, the link to the survey will go live on this site. The survey period will end on November 3rd.
I'm not sure I will remember to do this!
Set a reminder in your calendar - the survey should take no more than 15 minutes to complete and submit.
Plus, we will remind you - look out for emails from firstname.lastname@example.org
Lastly, to encourage participation even more, we're pleased to offer some excellent incentives!
Please tell me more about these "excellent incentives" ...
Important note: these incentives will be delivered based upon:
1. Completion and submission of the 2019 SF State Transfer Student Survey
2. SF State Bookstore gift card - priority registration - Gator Dollars: Random selection from among all who submit the 2019 SF State Transfer Student Survey
- $400 gift card (1) - Good for in-store and online purchases from the SF State Bookstore!
- Priority registration (50) - Students who do not already have senior-level priority registration will be promoted to an earlier registration date!
- $25 in Gator Dollars (16) - Learn more about where and how Gator Dollars work!
- Discount of $1 on purchases at Café Rosso (all) - Monday, Nov. 4 >> Friday, Nov. 8: present confirmation of being a proud participant in the 2019 Transfer Student Survey! Students who submit the survey will receive an email confirmation to present at Café Rosso to obtain the discount.
Who is conducting this survey?
The Transfer Advisory Committee is part of the campus’s Student Success and Graduation Initiative taskforce. Members of the committee include staff who work with transfer students, or who work on matters that have a significant impact on transfer students.
Campus areas represented on the committee:
- Adelante Project (in partnership with Cañada College)
- Career Services and Leadership Development
- College of Ethnic Studies
- College of Health and Social Sciences
- Institutional Research
- International Programs
- Residential Life
We are also honored to have representation from City College of San Francisco on the TAC!
Please send questions about the Transfer Student Survey to email@example.com ~ and spread the word!